Gallery owner Barry Ellsworth curates an ongoing exhibition of Samurai Arts in the West Gallery. Step into Feudal Japan and encounter the exquisite antiques that were created under the patronage of the the samurai class. Delicate ink paintings, screens, carved wood statuary, swords and sword furniture, and impressive suits of Japanese armor attest to the power and sophistication of Japan's warrior class. Ellsworth is a specialist in and lifelong scholar of Japanese Armor, and a member of the Japanese Armor Society.
Arts of the Samurai: The Ellsworth Gallery collection of Museum Quality Samruai Arts
- Myochin Muneharu, The real Last Samurai: Shimazu clan Battle Armor made by Myochin Muneharu, c. 1860
- Katchu Shi, Hosokawa Clan Samurai Armor, c. 1840
- Katchu Shi, Spectacular Japanese Samurai Armor in the style of a legendary warrior, c. 1800
- Katchu Shi, Spectacular Samurai armor from Kaga Province, c. 1760
- Samurai Arts, Heavy 8 plate samurai helmet and mask, c.1600